ORGANIC BLUEBERRY & BLACKBERRY CHIA JAM RECIPE
MAY 14TH 2015
PHOTOGRAPHY: Jesper McIlroy
– 1 cup of fresh organic blueberries and blackberries
– 2tbl spoons of organic chia seeds
– 2tbl spoons organic maple syrup (optional )
1. Place mixed berries in saucepan and simmer on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, gently mash and stir berries with a spatula during this time.
2. Add your maple syrup and stir thoroughly. ( You can skip this step for an even healthier option)
3. Turn heat to low. Now add your chia seeds to the berry and maple mix and continue to mash and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Turn heat off and remove your jam from the hotplate. Set jam aside to cool before storing in the fridge in an airtight mason jar. Your jam can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.